Social Icons

Pages

Saturday 30 March 2013

Countdown to the Olympics


Just a few days to go before the start of the Olympic Games in the UK - and the even MORE important Pet Blogging Games.



But, first I want to take you back to a very wet Saturday morning, June 30, 2012, when the actual Olympic torch ran along the outskirts of our village of Stretton.

There was great excitement from the Lady Of The House as she prised the boy and the girl from their beds just after 6am and marched them through the rain to stand on a grassy bank next to the Burton Albion Football Club ground. They were joined by the Girl of the House's boyfriend. I stayed at home and watched the proceedings over the Internet with the Man Of The House. Look how happy the young ones were? (Well, one of them was, kind of sarcastically I think).


The LOTH says they weren't that miserable really. It has stopped raining. briefly.

There were a few big vans drove through first.



Then came the big moment.
Can you see it?


Look again.


And then it was gone.


But it did inspire me to get back out later that day to pound the pavements in my own training schedule for the Pet Blogging Games. This is me training hard for the Cross Neighbourhood Walkabout event being hosted on July 30 by Corbin. Please cheer for me and ALL my worthy competitors.



0 comments:

Post a Comment