Social Icons

Pages

Saturday 30 March 2013

It's WINNIE - not Whinnie, thank you very much.


I've been having a few 'health challenges' - but as you can see, I now have my paws crossed that I'm out of the woods and doing OK again.

It started when the Lady Of The House noticed a tiny hard bump on my head. We trotted off to the vet and they gave me some antibiotics at first, but they didn't help and the little hard lump got bigger.

Then the eye that I've had that other problem with before began to itch and I was rubbing it a lot with my paw and winking so we went back again. They gave me some new drops and also stuck a needle in my little head bump (TWICE!!!) to get some cell samples to test.

While we were waiting for the results my other eye started itching and I was now spending a lot of time with both eyes squeezed shut, a semi-permanent frown, and doing a lot of eye rubbing.

We went back straight away and got some different drops to try.

The good news is the test results show the lump is either a cyst or a non-malignant tumour - and my eyes have now stopped itching.

For now we're seeing if the lump gets bigger or changes before we make a decision about removing it. The LOTH isn't keen for me to have a general anaesthetic unless it's really necessary.

Anyway. I think I was JOLLY BRAVE through all these vets trips (although I have now got a new technique of digging my claws in to the vet's door mat to try and stop them getting me into the consulting room).

So you can IMAGINE how unimpressed I was when I saw (even through my itchy eyes) that the vet had given me a new name on one of my medications.


WHINNIE PRITCHARD!
How VERY dare she!!

On the PLUS side I was very excited and honoured today to be featured as the first home working greyhound on a great blog the LOTH found recently called How To Work From Home.



Feel free to pop over to How To Work From Home and leave a comment on my interview so that UK home workers find out how many great pet bloggers there are besides me!



0 comments:

Post a Comment